So when I spotted one of my favorite fruits, the fig, while grocery shopping last week I knew I had to whip up a little something delicious, cheesy, and simple. Something perfect for a girl on-the-go or a hostess in a pinch ... a 10 minute fig, gorgonzola & honey crostini.
|original source unknown|
- one baguette, thinly sliced
- 1 package fresh figs, rinsed
- gorgonzola cheese (or cheese of your choice)
1. Toast baguette in the oven at 350 degrees for about 3-5 minutes or until slightly golden and crispy.
2. Slice figs in half (or in quarters, depending on the size of your bread).
3. Layer gorgonzola (cheese first, always) and figs, face up onto toasted bread and lightly drizzle with honey.
Serve on a pretty plate and pair with some crisp white wine (or pack a few for lunch) & enjoy!